Notable EDGE Features
- Extrafloors (3D floors), removing the original DOOM limitation which didn't allow rooms over rooms. EDGE supports real 3D room-over-room, bridges, and liquids.
- DDF (Doom Definition Files), allow Mod/TC/PC creators to completely customise monsters, attacks, weapons, pickup and scenery items, linetypes, sectortypes, intermissions, and so forth... using fairly simple to understand text files.
- RTS (Radius Trigger Scripting), provides per-level scripting support, allowing custom scripts to run when the player enters certain parts of the map, or performs certain actions, or when certain monsters have been killed (to name a few possibilities).
- GLEDGE takes advantage of hardware 3D acceleration via the OpenGL library.
- Jumping, Looking up/down, Flying (JetPack), Zooming.
- Many limits and bugs from original DOOM removed (e.g. no more visplane overflow or medusa effect).